Welcome to the Ragan Orthodontics Family!
We are so glad that you are here, and we can’t wait to meet you! Our goal is to make this process as comfortable and easy as possible for you. Below, we want to walk you through a few logistical steps to make sure that you know exactly what to expect when you arrive.
What To Expect
As we work to get back to “normal," we are slowly taking steps to open our waiting room in a safe manner. Upon your arrival, please call or text our staff to let them know that you are ready for your appointment.
Once inside, Ragan Orthodontics will conduct a thorough, clinical, orthodontic examination, and explain all aspects of the treatment itself.
The Purpose of the Initial Examination is to Answer:
- What sort of problem is present, if any?
- When is the proper time to begin treatment?
- What type of treatment is indicated?
- How long will treatment take?
- How much will treatment cost?
If Dr. Ragan determines that orthodontic treatment is something that can help you, we can move as quickly as you would like to with starting treatment. In fact, pending diagnostic records, oftentimes, Dr. Ragan is able to start treatment during the very same appointment.
What is the Cost of Treatment?
The cost of treatment depends upon the severity of the patient’s problem. The treatment coordinator will discuss fees and payment options during the initial exam. We are happy to offer a variety of payment plans to accommodate your budget and insurance plans. We work hard to make orthodontics as affordable as possible.
What Does my Investment Include?
- Orthodontic records: X-rays, study models, and a personalized plan to meet your treatment objectives.
- Complete, comprehensive treatment with braces or Invisalign: Includes all appliances, office visits, and procedures performed in the office. Appliances are durable, and should last through the entire treatment period (if the patient follows instructions). If appliances require replacement due to loss, breakage, misuse or failure to eliminate foods that cause damage, we reserve the right to charge an additional replacement fee.
- One set of final retainers: Upon completion of treatment, patients progress to Phase II, which consists of being fitted and provided with a customized retainer. There is a replacement fee for each additional retainer that is lost or broken.
What Doesn’t my Investment Include?
- Work performed at other dental offices outside of our orthodontic practice.
- If an accident or injury occurs during treatment which results in TMJ (Temporo-Mandibular-Joint) complications, additional orthodontics, orthognathic surgery, etc, a fee adjustment may be required to complete treatment under these unusual circumstances.
We accept benefits for most insurance plans. By doing this, the family’s out-of-pocket expense is substantially lower. If we do not accept benefits from your plan, we will be happy to file claims so that the insured can be reimbursed directly. Should there be any change in your policy prior to full payment of the insurance benefit, please contact our office immediately so that adjustments may be made to your contract.
It is our goal to see you on time for your appointment. Time is scheduled to complete the necessary procedure, give information about the treatment, and answer any questions that you may have. In order for us to maintain a schedule that runs in a timely manner, we request that patients arrive on time to avoid delays. Your timeliness and consideration are greatly appreciated by our staff, as well as the patients that are seen after your appointment.